WHO WE ARE.
South Kingstown Education Foundation (SKEF) was established in 2003 to support educational initiatives in the South Kingstown Public Schools. Since inception, SKEF has raised over $220,000 thanks to the generous support of area residents and businesses, and an initial matching grant from The Rhode Island Foundation. Every year, SKEF awards grants to parents, teachers, students, and community members to support innovative educational projects in our schools.
Last June 2017, SKEF awarded over $18,000 in grants. Since SKEF’s inception in 2003, over $200,000 has been awarded to over a 170 grants recipients. Over the last eight years, SKEF has presented over twelve college scholarships to graduating high school students from SKHS. To submit a grant funding proposal, please review our grant guidelines and return your completed application package on the date indicated. Grant awards are announced in June of each year.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE FUNDED?
• Projects that incorporate creative and innovative methods or techniques to inform and educate.
• Projects that enrich and further the excellence of the educational process in South Kingstown Public Schools.
• Projects that have a direct and immediate impact to South Kingstown students and ideally will provide experiences that increase studentsʼ zest for learning!
• Projects that will benefit or carry forth to future students.
• Projects that are not part of the school budget.
Meeting dates for 2018/2019 are as follows:
September 1oth, October 1st, November 5th, December 3rd, January 7, 2019, February 4th, March 4th, May 8th, June 6th
All meetings are held at the Neighborhood Guild from 7-8:30 pm.