GET A GRANT.
Read our grant guidelines here.
Fill out the grant application found here.
Review the application deadlines here.
South Kingstown Education Foundation is celebrating its Twelth Anniversary and now accepting applications for 2016/2017 Grants, please read updated criteria and download grant applications now!! Go to Grants link located in the above navigation bar.
Want to make a donation to SKEF? Go to the Contribute link located in the above navigation bar or Mail donation/sponsorship to SKEF 307 Curtis Corner Rd., Wakefield RI 02879, include Name, address, phone number for tax receipt purposes.
WHO WE ARE.
South Kingstown Education Foundation (SKEF) was established in 2003 to support educational initiatives in the South Kingstown Public Schools. Since inception, SKEF has raised over $200,000 thanks to the generous support of area residents and businesses, and an initial matching grant from The Rhode Island Foundation.
Every year, SKEF awards grants to parents, teachers, students, and community members to support innovative educational projects in our schools.
Last June 2015, SKEF awarded over $18,000 in grants. Since SKEF’s inception in 2003, over $170,000 has been awarded to over a 170 grants recipients. Over the last eight years, SKEF has presented over twelve college scholarships to graduating high school students from SKHS. To submit a grant funding proposal, please review our grant guide-lines and return your completed application package on the date indicated. Grant awards are announced in May of each year.
WHAT TYPES OF PROJECTS ARE FUNDED?
• Projects that incorporate creative and innovative methods or techniques to inform and educate.
• Projects that enrich and further the excellence of the educational process in South Kingstown Public Schools.
• Projects that have a direct and immediate impact to South Kingstown students and ideally will provide experiences that increase studentsʼ zest for learning!
• Projects that will benefit or carry forth to future students.
• Projects that are not part of the school budget.